Join us in our mission to illuminate and protect the wonder of our world
Our global community is composed of philanthropic, passionate, and determined changemakers — like you — from every corner of the globe.
When you become a National Geographic Society member, you have the opportunity to further your impact, affect change, and leave a lasting impression on this earth. Your generosity is a commitment to curiosity — it helps us explore and protect the wonder of our world — all while receiving special benefits.
As a National Geographic Contributing Member, your annual gift supports scientific fieldwork and conservation programs around the globe. Your generosity will help us explore and protect our planet’s wildlife and wild places—and in return you will:
Grosvenor Council Member
Named for one of the first editors of National Geographic magazine, Grosvenor Council members play a leading role in some of the most extraordinary science and exploration taking place today. In thanks for your commitment, you’ll receive exclusive, behind-the-scenes access to the Society.
All Voyager, Discoverer, and Geographer benefits plus:
- Recognition of your commitment to illuminating and protecting the wonder of our world with a listing of your name in the National Geographic Society’s annual Impact Report
- Complimentary membership in National Geographic Expeditions’ Lifelong Explorer program, qualifying you for special discounts on National Geographic trips to amazing destinations like the Galapagos
- Curated tour of National Geographic Museum exhibitions for you and an unlimited number of guests
- A dedicated National Geographic concierge who is available year-round to help you get the most from your Grosvenor Council membership and plan experiences tailored to your interests
All Voyager and Discoverer benefits plus:
- Opportunity to give a National Geographic magazine gift subscription
- The Geographer’s Exploration Gift Pack featuring a National Geographic book and additional media specially selected for our Grosvenor Council members
- Learn about National Geographic Explorers current work and new discoveries from our Update from the Field letters
- One-on-one conversation with a National Geographic Society representative to explore your programmatic interests and connect you with experts to answer your questions
All Voyager benefits plus:
- Guest passes to National Geographic Museum exhibitions in Washington, D.C.
- Personal copy of On Assignment with National Geographic, a book detailing the inside story of National Geographic’s history
- Periodic President’s Letter updates, an inside look at current and future projects, expeditions, and explorations
- Travel with top researchers, Explorers, writers, and photographers with advance notice and pre-sale reservation opportunities for all National Geographic Expeditions.
- Complimentary subscription to National Geographic magazine including unlimited digital access, the online archive, exclusive ebooks, and popular streaming films
- National Geographic’s official Yellow Border pin
- Free admission to the National Geographic Museum for four named adults and children under 18 for one year
- 20% discount on purchases at the National Geographic Museum Store
- Personalized tour of National Geographic Society’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. for you and your guests
- Be the first to know about breaking news on National Geographic Explorers’ discoveries, expeditions, reports, and more through exclusive “first look” emails.
- Invitations to exclusive “Insider Calls” featuring programmatic updates directly from National Geographic Explorers and Society staff
- Special access to lectures and special events, including live online streaming of National Geographic’s annual Explorers Festival
More ways to give
Through employer matching gifts, future gifts, and other tax-savvy contributions, there are many ways for you to support exploration and help solve our world’s most pressing challenges.
Major gifts and partnerships
We offer exclusive memberships and benefits for our corporate partners as well as donors interested in giving gifts larger than $25,000.
Our donors and partners help us make a lasting impact.
All donations go directly to our Explorer-led programs.
More than 150 virtual Explorer Classroom sessions reached 150,000 students in 2020.
We provided emergency funding to 10 Big Cats Initiative grantees working on lion conservation in Africa during the pandemic.
Photo Credits from top of page: Brian Skerry, Michael Nichols (2), Mauro Sergio. Below: Michael Nichols, Andy Mann, Paul Nicklen, Ami Vitale, Christian Tryon, Kenneth Garrett, Mark Thiessen.