Join us in our mission to illuminate and protect the wonder of our world
Our global community is composed of philanthropic, passionate, and determined changemakers — like you — from every corner of the globe.
When you become a National Geographic Society member, you have the opportunity to further your impact, affect change, and leave a lasting impression on this earth. Your generosity is a commitment to curiosity — it helps us explore and protect the wonder of our world — all while receiving special benefits.
As a National Geographic Contributing Member, your annual gift supports scientific fieldwork and conservation programs around the globe. Your generosity will help us explore and protect our planet’s wildlife and wild places—and in return you will:
Grosvenor Council Member
Named for one of the first editors of National Geographic magazine, Grosvenor Council members play a leading role in some of the most extraordinary science and exploration taking place today. In thanks for your commitment, you’ll receive exclusive, behind-the-scenes access to the Society.
All Voyager, Discoverer, and Geographer benefits plus:
- Complimentary tickets for you and a guest to a National Geographic Society Live event(s) in Washington, D.C.
- Complimentary membership in National Geographic Expeditions’ Lifelong Explorer program, qualifying you for special discounts on National Geographic trips and access to a dedicated VIP phone line to add ease to your travel booking and customer service questions
- Curated tour of National Geographic Society Base Camp headquarters for you and your guests
- A dedicated National Geographic concierge who is available year-round to help you get the most from your Grosvenor Council membership and to plan experiences tailored to your interests
All Voyager and Discoverer benefits plus:
- National Geographic magazine gift subscription
- The Geographer’s Exploration Gift Pack, containing a National Geographic book and other specially selected gifts
- Receive personal Update from the Field letters with insights into National Geographic Explorers’ current work and new discoveries
- One-on-one conversation with a National Geographic Society representative to explore your programmatic interests and connect you with experts to answer your questions
All Voyager benefits plus:
- Special invites to live online streaming of the Society’s awe-inspiring Explorers Festival
- Opportunity for complimentary tickets to traveling National Geographic Society exhibitions
- Personal copy of On Assignment with National Geographic
- Advance notice of opportunities to travel with top researchers, explorers, writers, and photographers, and presale reservation opportunities for National Geographic Expeditions
- Complimentary subscription to National Geographic magazine including digital access, the online archive, exclusive ebooks, and popular streaming films
- Invitations to all exclusive Grosvenor Council Insider Call events
- Receive exclusive communications detailing the impact of your giving, including leadership emails to be the first to hear about exciting discoveries, bi-annual Impact Reports, and more
- Special invite to live online streaming of the Society’s riveting Explorers Festival
- Your very own official National Geographic Society Yellow Border pin
- Special recognition of your commitment to our planet with a listing of your name in the National Geographic Society’s Annual Report
- Discount on purchases at the National Geographic Museum store
More ways to give
Through employer matching gifts, future gifts, and other tax-savvy contributions, there are many ways for you to support exploration and help solve our world’s most pressing challenges.
Major gifts and partnerships
We offer exclusive memberships and benefits for our corporate partners as well as donors interested in giving gifts larger than $25,000.
Our donors and partners help us make a lasting impact.
All donations go directly to our Explorer-led programs.
More than 150 virtual Explorer Classroom sessions reached 150,000 students in 2020.
We provided emergency funding to 10 Big Cats Initiative grantees working on lion conservation in Africa during the pandemic.
Together we can change the world.
The National Geographic Society
1145 17th St. NW Washington DC, 20036
Photo Credits from top of page: Jordi Chias, Michael Nichols (2), Mauro Sergio. Below: Michael Nichols, Andy Mann, Paul Nicklen, Ami Vitale, Christian Tryon, Kenneth Garrett, Mark Thiessen.