Pre-Game Discussion Questions:
- What is an element?
- What is an atom?
- What is a molecule?
- How is an atom different from a molecule?
- How are molecules similar to and different from compounds?
Post-Game Discussion Questions:
- What is the difference between an atom and a molecule?
- If someone in the game asked for "oxygen," what would you need to give them - an atom, or a molecule?
- What are the chemical symbols for water, table salt, and stomach acid?
- Why is carbon so important on Earth?
- Name, draw, provide the chemical symbol for, and describe three new elements or compounds that you learned about in the game (three that you have never heard of before)?
- In the game, which elements could not exist as a single atom, but would combine with themselves to form diatomic molecules?