- McDonald's has more than 31,000 restaurants in 119 countries. Many restaurants adapt menus to suit local tastes and traditions.
- McDonald's opened its first restaurant in Hong Kong in 1975. Today, the chain serves about 400,000 Hong Kongers every day.
- McDonald's in Hong Kong features burgers served on fried rice cakes, as well as buns.
- Adding local flavor to a world favorite, Hong Kong McDonald's offers Green Tea and Red Bean sundaes.
- Sausage and Egg Twisty Pasta, another menu item from Hong Kong McDonald's, is a breakfast dish that includes fried egg and sausage served on top of pasta that has been cooked with vegetables in chicken broth.
- Chocolate pie is also on the menu at McDonald's in Hong Kong.
- In 2011, McDonald's restaurants in Hong Kong became the first to offer wedding packages. For about $1,300, the restaurant will host and cater a wedding party. The bride, groom, and guests dine on burgers, and take home goody bags filled with plush McDonald's characters. They toast the happy couple with milkshakes, not champagne.
Term Part of Speech Definition Encyclopedic Entry culture Noun
learned behavior of people, including their languages, belief systems, social structures, institutions, and material goods.
foods eaten by a specific group of people or other organisms.
Encyclopedic Entry: diet economy Noun
system of production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services.
material, usually of plant or animal origin, that living organisms use to obtain nutrients.
Encyclopedic Entry: food menu Noun
list of food items served at a specific place or time.
multinational corporation Noun
business that manages the production of goods or delivers services in several countries.
beliefs, customs, and cultural characteristics handed down from one generation to the next.