- explain the difference between the terms location and place
- describe the location and place of their classroom
- explain how the location and place characteristics of the classroom affect them
- identify the difference between location and place as it applies to their school
- Hands-on learning
Connections to National Standards, Principles, and Practices
What You’ll Need
The resources are also available at the top of the page.
- Internet Access: Required
- Internet access: Optional
- Tech Setup: 1 computer per classroom, Projector
- Large-group instruction
- meanings of terms
- understanding location versus place
Recommended Prior Lessons
a way to understand a topic or area using spatial features and relationships.
position of a particular point on the surface of the Earth.
area having unique physical and human characteristics.